Even though Grandpa TJ and Auntie M weren't present, we decided to go ahead and have Ernie's birthday celebrations yesterday. We had it out on the patio and as always, Grandma's organisation was spotless and the end presentation was a beautiful setting fit for kids and adults alike.
We chose to have a BBQ night but with mom involved, there was sayur pucuk ubi and beras kabun served. I only cooked my usual spaghetti bolognaise and even then, I made such a big fuss doing it. So I took the easy way out and decided to buy most of the pies and cakes and it still didn't break my wallet. Ah to have many choices in life is great... Being the antithesis of a planner, I didn't cook enough spaghetti noodles and unsurprisingly, that was the first one to run out! Yes, I really need my Paris to help me out in times like these...
We had the sand pit and the kiddies bouncer out for the little ones and I'm happy to say that both play things were fully utilised by the young AND the old! Our engineer cousin even had a hand in building a sand castle in the sand pit which was inadvertently knocked over by overzealous little kiddies.
Then the cake or should I say, cakes, arrived and that's where I lost track of how many times we sang happy birthday and blew out the candles. When the guests left, we let Ernie open some of his pressies and Curly of course, "helped out". When I say that, she was the one tearing away at the wrappers leaving Ernie to watch in amazement.

The little ones ran around all night covered in sweat, sand and cake. Unfortunately, little Ernie has not been feeling very well this past week and last night, his temperature chose the moment to show up so he was a little grumpy most of the time. He did brighten up when the birthday song was sang over and over again. All in all I think everyone had a good time, most especially the kiddies...

No comments:
Post a Comment