I always thought that living back with my parents would create havoc with my minimal parenting skills and yes there are moments when the grannies spoil Curly and Ernie to bits. The chocolate on their faces after they leave the grannies' room is always a tell tale sign... Grandad's always guilty of this crime.
Grandma however deserves the girl scout of the month award. She keeps them away from the easily available junk food almost all the time and nowadays, she has learnt to say no to buying girlie designed umbrellas for Curly.
The fact that both Curly and Ernie have not been able to get a place in school yet, I feel that they are not learning anything educational and each day I grimace at the thought. However, kudos to grandma who has instilled the love of religious activities which admittedly both Papa and I extremely lack. Thanks to the constant exposure to prayer times, my little ones are now learning to pray. Perhaps it's also the costume that Curly finds so alluring...

No comments:
Post a Comment