11 March 2009

Life's Minor Irritations

I'm sitting in my room and I can hear the humdrum of photocopy machines, someone barking commands over a megaphone in the stadium and the regular outbursts of a few of my co workers. I can easily say that the most annoying would be the voices emanating down the corridor. You may ask why and I will tell you that these loud voices belong to several very whiny girls in my work place and all they do when they open their mouth is moan, bitch and gripe. It really is quite irritating. Maybe that's why you see outbursts by workers in offices with open plan seating. You can't escape anything and ultimately you really want to strangle the people you work with.
Then there are your supposed senior officials who are nothing more than power happy nazis. They get to do the great jobs like dish out work in an automated fashion. Sometimes I think they just dispense the work without even reading what needs to be done in the first place. It's the case of the higher position you hold, the harder you can stamp your foot down to get your way.
I especially love the way everyone in this place thinks they are smart just by opening their mouths, regardless of what they say. It really makes them look semi intelligent but I suppose if it impresses the top management, then they must be really clever...
But I shouldn't complain much really. These irritations give me something to talk about to my few allies at work i.e. the clerical staff. If it wasn't for my annoying, know-it-all workmates, I would have no entertainment whatsoever and I would enjoy my cheap plate of fried noodles in the canteen less...

No comments:

Post a Comment