10 March 2009

Starting Over

It's only been just over a week and slowly I'm letting go of my old haunts in Geneva.  I do miss my friends terribly and most especially Paris, whom the kids miss as well.

Work life is improving and in trying to stay positive, I am now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel but that's not to say there is that slight resistance to my new environment.  Though I do believe some of my work mates I left behind have not changed much and that some of the administration of the office have sort of remained the same, today I saw some things in a new light.  We have new staff who actually refreshes the scenery and makes the work place bearable. But I am still 'new' to the office and I'm pretty sure somewhere along the way, I will face my rude awakening.  Papa is trying his best to like his change in scenery and thus far, he seems to cope better than me.

With the kids, well, I don't know where to begin.  I feel like they have both done a complete turnaround.  They both seem more resistant to all the no's I dish out and little Ernie is showing early signs of hard headedness.  Curly is also more insistent in getting her own way, with the crocodile tears making a regular appearance.  I'm trying my best to be patient but I'm not a patient person so that's where I fail miserably.  They do miss their Swiss life and every so often, Curly asks if she will see her friend Uno, Otto, Une and Leo.  Occasionally, she asks about the people from her school though most of the times, she mentions Nina who incidentally was one of her educators.  LOL!

Being guests at my parents home is nice but sometimes I feel I'm intruding on their space.  Some of our things arrived a few days ago and when unpacked, it practically filled up 2 rooms and the corridor!  My mom, being a little OCD, has set about packing away our stuff littered all over the house and now I don't know where anything is.  I hope she doesn't even attempt to clean our rooms as right now, it is my organised mess.  The moment she touches anything, I will never find it.

The plus side of coming back is perhaps the eating out.  After getting used to the Swiss cost of living, I had a little bit of a pleasant culture shock when I dined out with over 10 people.  I couldn't stop going on about how affordable it was especially when we all pigged out on countless dishes.  Yes, I have been away for too long it seems.

Right now, I'm just feeling the after effects of moving and facing the prospects of not seeing and hanging out with my friends for a while and at a less regular pace.  I'm sure normalcy will resume and when that happens, that smile will creep back on my ugly old mug...

No comments:

Post a Comment