We went grocery shopping yesterday and somehow I still can't get over the fact that things here are much more fun to purchase than in Swiss supermarkets. I found myself some hard to come by detergent for front loading washing machines. The difficulty in finding this particular item comes from the fact that front loaders are not generally too popular in this country and unfortunately, that's the only washing machine I have and love.
Whilst browsing through the cold section looking for double cream, I found myself another gem in the form of stringy cheese. Yes! Stringy cheese! From Australia but hey, I can't complain because I used to bug Paris to get some for us whenever she went to blighty for her weekends. Of course she never brought any back. The ardent interest in the cheese was not actually to taste it but to just see what stringy cheese is. This is what you call the effects of commercials on British TV channels. Yes, I am a true consumer I'm afraid. My verdict on the cheese? Put it this way, the tasteless rubber texture of the cheese is probably the reason why they named the product stringy cheese so Paris, don't bother trying it...




No comments:
Post a Comment